Saturday, July 3, 2010

A new second....

Well, lots have changed in the last few month. My habits, my perpetual aggressiveness, choice in music, choice of books, time of waking up, everlasting love for scotch, getting habituated to the not functioning 'p' key of the keyboard, socializing habits, and several more to fill this blog. However, drawing your mesmerized view to the not-so-unusual routine of metamorphosis of the human mind is anything but my prime objective.
Its not only believed by earthly mortals, but also by the ever undead souls of the likes of Aristotle, Plato and our very own Harish Chandra that adversity brings out the best in you. Being a self-proclaimed think tank, I cant but agree with this universal rule. Often when I am in an environment of out-and-out silence, I merely remark upon the paradox of sadness and difficulties bring in success and happiness. Its like having the 7 deadly sins going hand in hand with the offerings of God. My friends sometime do mock at my choice of books, but i have gone through books like You can win, The secret, etc to gain effective understanding of this whole contradictory concept when I kinda stumbled upon a mere but pretty significant serendipity.
There are the inevitable times in everyone's life when we all must step on a thorn. And its never a pleasurable feeling. What most of us fail to see is that its never meant to be!!! In that moment of pain, more often, we are focussed not on the pain itself, but on the anguish of being singled out, asking the inevitable "why me?" question. In the larger scheme of things, that question becomes as irrelevant as the pain itself. All of us realize this sooner or later. The reason many of us do not comprehend this is because of the realization of the futility of carrying a baggage of that pain into the future. As i step on that thorn, if i start beginning to blame the thorn, sometimes the pain expands as time passes, its memory holding the center stage, coloring how we view and feel about our lives. Pain is a part of the inevitable change that is a part and parcel of the intricacies of life. Its on us to decide to crib or learn from it.
So learning from all experiences, I put forward those simple moments that have made a significant impression on my thought process and attitude. Hope this change does a lot more than just good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment